IT Support Specialist
Reports To: Director of IT and Operational Systems
Status: Regular, 20-30 hours per week, 12 months per year
Hiring Range: 19 ($20.56 to $22.85 per hour)
Closing Date: April 24th, 2017 or when filled
Neighborhood House is seeking a part-time IT Support Specialist (20-30 hours/week) to provide helpdesk and desktop user support under the guidance of the Director of IT and Operational Systems and the Senior Network Administrator. The IT Support Specialist will support the IT team in a broad array of functions. This position will have a mutually agreed Monday-Friday schedule to provide predictability for internal staff. Note: There is potential to combine this position with Facility Technician hours if applicants have facility maintenance skills and are looking for a full-time time position. Please indicate your interest in your cover letter.
- Troubleshoot various desktop user issues in a Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 and Microsoft Office suite environment.
- Assist users with mobile device/smartphone setup (email, etc.).
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting on printers and other office equipment.
- Assist with inventory and asset management including tagging new hardware and maintaining inventory lists.
- Provide video conference and A/V support for meetings and events.
- Provide support for other technical systems such as locks/key cards, VOIP phone system (ShoreTel).
- Assist with IT administration tasks.
- Assist with desktop software installation, troubleshooting and repair.
- Set up new users on networks and set up new workstations.
- Deactivate user accounts for separated employees.
- Perform network maintenance as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A combination of hands-on work experience, industry certifications and/or education.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have a basic understanding of IT systems, including hardware, software and telecommunications.
- Must have an intermediate understanding of internet concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with patience and courtesy in person, over the telephone, and through email.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to effectively assess the problem and provide solutions for users.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals from a wide variety of cultural and language backgrounds.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to follow up independently and ensure that problems have been resolved in a timely manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to solve complex problems.
- Willingness to comply with established agency performance standards, which may include productivity/personal responsibility, client/customer service-orientation, embracing a team player environment, and the maintenance of a professional demeanor.
- Must have reliable independent personal transportation for frequent travel to different agency sites.
- CPR and First Aid Training within 30 days of hire.
- Child Abuse and Neglect Training within 2 weeks of hire.
- Must pass Neighborhood House Background Check Requirements.
for more details about our benefits program.
Neighborhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, age, sex, color, creed, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, mental or physical handicap, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality) and expression of gender identity or any other classification protected by law. Neighborhood House encourages and gives hiring preference to current and former Head Start parents and children. We encourage people of color and residents of the communities we serve to apply.
Submit agency application along with resume and cover letter. For your convenience, we offer several ways for you to submit your completed application:
- In Person or Mail to:
8:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday
1225 S. Weller Street, Suite 510
Seattle, WA 98144
Attn: Human Resources
For more information
Inquiries may be directed to Human Resources at (206) 461-8430 or by e-mail to email@example.com