Reports To: Director of IT and Operational Systems
Status: Regular, 30 hours per week, 12 months per year
Hiring Range: 26 ($26.07 to $29.83 per hour)
Closing Date: May 21st, 2018 or until filled
The mission of Neighborhood House (NH) is to help diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, health, financial independence and community building. All NH programs and services are designed to fulfill this mission in accordance with the NH Strategic Plan.
The Administration Department of Neighborhood House is comprised of four teams that manage the support systems of the agency. The four teams are Data Analysis & Evaluation, Accounting, Human Resources, and IT & Operations. The right individual will join an engaged IT team with deep connection to the Agency mission which focuses on helping build a strong community. We are looking for a strong team player, who thrives on building strong relationships and collaboration.
The Systems Administrator plays a critical role in helping the agency support and maintain our existing infrastructure, problem solve IT challenges and move forward with the automation of processes and achieving efficiencies. A successful candidate must be able to perform server deployments, troubleshoot network or firewall issues, support our staff to solve technical issues and manage IT related projects seeing them through to completion.
At Neighborhood House we have a deep commitment to our employee’s and client’s diverse experiences and backgrounds that guides our work for a more equitable future. We are seeking a team member that represents our dedication to service, equity and inclusion, to join our diverse team.
- Design, implement, and deploy infrastructure systems across agency environment using Group Policy and File/Folder replication.
- Optimize physical and virtual systems and resource utilization, balance performance and capacity.
- Adhere to security best practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of agency data.
- Support, maintain and ensure uptime of Windows 2016 terminal server environment with User Profile Disks.
- Maintain a data recovery plan and ensure the regular performance of backups, including regular restoration tests.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
- Administer and support MS Exchange On-Premise and Online (O365). Use scripting languages to automate and integrate systems, applications, and routine tasks.
- Use configuration management tools (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit) for system builds, automation and standardization.
- Configure and administer system monitoring, alerting, and logging systems.
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies including installation, configuration and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Collaborate with IT team and other department leads on projects.
- Provide support to end users with basic troubleshooting.
- Configures and administers network firewalls.
- Assist with IT strategy recommendations.
- Support and maintain VOIP systems.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as part of a rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of working systems administration in a Windows environment. Including experience in Windows 10, Active Directory, and Group Policies, SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), Office 365, SQL server, PowerShell, RDS (Remote Desktop Services) and Hyper-V.
- Strong understanding of backend supporting technologies such a virtualization, networking concepts and SAN.
- Thorough understanding of network and systems protocols, such as HTTPS, DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), DNS (Domain Name System), SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol).
- Good understanding of web hosting environments, using server software such as IIS (Internet Information Services) and Apache.
- Experience with VOIP technologies (ShoreTel/Mitel experience is a plus).
- Strong understanding of best practices surrounding network segmentation and security, including: data encryption, access control, backups, and system updates.
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze problems, determine causes and initiate corrective action in a professional demeanor.
- Requires the ability to individually lift, move and install server and network equipment up to 30 lbs. - and periodically up to 50 lbs. with the assistance of others.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include some evenings and weekends.
- Efficient and effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and work effectively with individuals from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude; committed to the success of the agency.
- Attentive to accuracy, ability to manage, effectively multi-task and prioritize competing job responsibilities with relatively limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to comply with the established agency performance standards which may include: productivity/personal responsibility, client/customer service-orientation, embracing a team player orientation, and maintaining a professional demeanor.
- First Aid Certification (within 30 days of hire).
- CPR Certification (within 30 days of hire).
- Child Abuse and Neglect training (within 2 weeks of hire).
- Must pass Neighborhood House background check requirements.
- Postion requires Washington State bi-annual criminal background re-check.
- Experience with WatchGuard preferred.
- Experience with administering Jira and Confluence.
for more details about our benefits program.
Neighborhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, age, sex, color, creed, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, mental or physical handicap, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality) and expression of gender identity or any other classification protected by law. Neighborhood House encourages and gives hiring preference to current and former Head Start parents and children. We encourage people of color and residents of the communities we serve to apply.
Submit agency application
along with resume and cover letter. For your convenience, we offer several ways for you to submit your completed application:
For more information
Inquiries may be directed to Human Resources at (206) 461-8430 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org