Title of volunteer position: J.A.R.C. Driver
Number of volunteers needed: Any
Goal of position: Transport and assist TANF recipients in Job Training / Job Search activities.
- Operate 12-passenger vans
- Transport and assist clients in boarding and exiting van in a safe, timely and courteous manner to predetermined destinations as directed
- Possess a valid Washington State drivers license and an acceptable driving record
- Submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Pass a Washington State Patrol Criminal History background check
- Complete an agency instructed defensive driving class
- Drivers will receive free skills training in: First Aid, CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens, Defensive Driving, Car Seat Safety, Passenger Assistance, Fire Suppression.
- Drivers may also receive training toward a class B or class C Commercial Driver’s License.