Tech Team Assistant -- Rainier Vista Center Computer Lab
Position Description: Tech Team Assistant
Department: Child Development
Reports to: Computer Lab Coordinator
Salary Range: Volunteer position
Closing Date: Ongoing, prefer a one year commitment
Location: Neighborhood House Rainier Vista Center
Neighborhood House Programs
Since 1906, Neighborhood House has been helping diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, financial independence and community building. Our services include early childhood education (including Head Start and Early Head Start), mentoring and tutoring, emergency referral services, self-sufficiency/employment classes and services (including ESL and citizenship), job placement and training, substance abuse services, transportation and outreach for the elderly and disabled, and publishing the Voice newspaper. Annually, Neighborhood House serves over 13,000 individuals, of those, 80% are refugee an immigrants.
The Tech Team Assistant will be an integral part of the Neighborhood House Technology Center at Rainier Vista. The position will help in ensuring a full compliment of computer and educational programming in the Center to meet the needs of residents and the surrounding communities. The assistant will work as part of a team to deliver quality service in the center. This position will assist the Lab Coordinator in class instruction in computer use, Internet basics, Microsoft programs and other targeted classes. As part of the Tech Team, this position will administer program duties such as student assessment and tracking use in the technology center. The assistant will help with open lab hours and assist to maintain the technology center in working condition.
Training and Resident Support
Administration, Collaboration and Technology Support
- Help create a welcoming and supportive technology center for participants of all ages and cultures.
- Work as part of a team to deliver quality programming in the technology center.
- Assist with open lab time for youth and adults.
- Help to teach and guide participants on computer basics.
- Work one-on-one with participants to address their individual computer needs.
- Help increase technology, job and language skills for all users.
- Assist with job search and application, and resume writing.
- Assist low income residents to become aware of community resources.
- Assist with accurate data collection requirements.
- Assist in enforcing operating procedures for the usage of the center with residents, staff and the larger community.
Preferred but not required:
Thank you and welcome to Neighborhood House!
- Prior experience working with Limited English-speaking individuals and youth
- Experience with MS Office software programs, Windows 2000 desktop and capacity to train others on using both.
- Excellent customer service skills, including responsiveness, providing one-on-one assistance and competence communicating with ethnically and culturally diverse students as well as limited English-speaking individuals.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style capable of motivating others.
- Willingness to comply with established agency performance standards, which require productivity/personal responsibility, client/customer service-orientation and the maintenance of professional demeanor.
- Flexible work hours.
- Independent and reliable transportation.