The Neighborhood House Youth Enrichment Summer Program strives to keep youth engaged in positive summertime activities. In addition to fun games and field trips, the program also spends time focusing on academic enrichment activities so that students can smoothly transition back into the next school year. Volunteers will have many opportunities to build positive relationships with youth while supporting staff in leading planned activities.
This program works with students aged K-12th grade.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the Neighborhood House mission through providing assistance, mentorship and encouragement to students.
- Commit to 1 to 4 hours of service per week
- Help individual students or small groups of students with academic enrichment activities, recreational activities and when applicable, provide supervision on field trips.
- Ability to work with elementary (Kindergarten to 5th grade) and/or middle and high school aged youth in a respectful and caring manner
- Dependability and patience
- Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to set and maintain clear boundaries
- Outgoing personality and high comfort level interacting with youth
- Must be able to make a reliable and consistent commitment
Positively impact the life of a youth both academically and personally with the support of Neighborhood House staff and other motivated volunteers in a group setting as you help youth succeed.
The program will be taking place in July and August, Monday-Thursday, 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM. Volunteers should be prepared to make a minimum commitment of two hours per week.
Seola Gardens Youth Tutoring Center
11215 5th Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98146
Burndale Homes Tutoring Center
1044 18th St NE
Auburn, WA 98002
Firwood Circle Tutoring Center
313 37th St SE
Auburn, WA 98002
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.