Front Desk Reception/Admin Support
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency.
Volunteers in this role play an important part in supporting staff and community members by providing friendly customer service at our direct service locations.
- Welcome and direct clients to the appropriate staff person or other agency
- Answer the phone and direct calls
- Explain programs and services to interested individuals
- Assist with administrative and organizational tasks
- Commitment to helping people in need, especially low-income and immigrant people
- Patience and positive attitude
- Good communications skills, including fluent English (bilingual skills encouraged)
- Meet and greet a variety of people, helping provide for their well-being and success
- Good administrative experience and introduction to social services
A commitment of 3 months and 4-10 hours per week is preferred for this position. The volunteer makes his/her own schedule.
We are seeking volunteers for the following locations:
- Rainier Vista (South Seattle)
- High Point (West Seattle)
- Wiley Center at Greenbridge (White Center)
- Raven Terrace (Central Seattle)
All shifts are scheduled during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm). Please inquire for more information about current scheduling options for a specific site.
Contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org