Front Desk Reception/Admin Support
POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Reception/Admin Support
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE:
Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency.
Volunteers in this role play an important part in supporting staff and community members by providing friendly customer service at our direct service locations.
- Welcome and direct clients to the appropriate staff person or other agency
- Answer the phone and direct calls
- Explain programs and services to interested individuals
- Assist with administrative and organizational tasks
- Commitment to helping people in need, especially low-income and immigrant people
- Patience and positive attitude
- Good communications skills, including fluent English (bilingual skills encouraged)
- Ability to work independently
- Friendly personality and someone who enjoys providing good customer service
- Must be consistent and reliable
- Meet and greet a variety of people, helping provide for their well-being and success
- Good administrative experience and introduction to social services
A minimum commitment of 3 months and 2 hours per week is preferred for this position. The volunteer makes his/her own schedule.
Wiley Center at Greenbridge (White Center)
9800 8th Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98106
Available Shifts: Monday and Tuesday, 12noon-5:00pm and Thursday, 9:00am-5:00pm
High Point Center
6400 Sylvan Way SW
Seattle, WA 98126
Available Shifts: Friday, 9:00am-12noon
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form
so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org