Preschool Summer Program
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE
Neighborhood House helps diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, financial independence health and community building. In support of this mission, Neighborhood House is committed to providing quality early childhood education services to preschool children throughout King County. There are several positions available to help in developing and implementing a range of activities in our preschool classrooms.
- Assist in creating a safe learning environment reflecting the diverse backgrounds of the participating families
- Provide general assistance to Lead Teacher by working with small groups or individual children needing extra help
- Assist the teaching aide in ensuring classroom preparation and cleanliness
- Participate in leading activities and supervising the class
- Other duties as assigned
- Desire and ability to work with children ages 3 – 5.
- Willingness to commit to students and Lead Teacher. This involves consistency in showing up for scheduled classroom sessions.
- Team player who is resourceful, proactive, and comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Good listening and oral/written communication skills and a non-judgmental, positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Must provide proof of a negative TB screening dated within the past calendar year.
The preschool summer program is offered Monday through Thursday from July 10-August 17 from 9am-2pm. Volunteers must be able to commit to regular attendance for the duration of the program.
This opportunity is available at all Neighborhood House preschool locations: Rainier Vista and NewHolly (south Seattle), and Yesler Terrace (central Seattle).
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.