After School Homework Help
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency. The Neighborhood House Family Center provides a variety of services to the High Point community.
The After-School Tutoring Program is designed to contribute to students’ overall academic achievement by providing students with personalized homework assistance. This program is offered Mondays and Thursdays, from 2:45-3:45pm (K-5th grade) and 4:00-5:00pm (middle and high school).
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the Neighborhood House mission through providing academic assistance, mentorship and encouragement to students.
- Commit to 1 to 4 hours of service per week
- Help individual students or small groups of students with homework, reading and skill-building in all academic areas. Involve students in fun learning activities. Make learning exciting, relevant and creative.
- Ability to work with elementary (Kindergarten to 5th grade) and/or middle and high school aged youth in a respectful and caring manner
- Dependability and patience
- Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to set and maintain clear boundaries
Positively impact the life of a youth both academically and personally with the support of Neighborhood House staff and other motivated volunteers in a group setting as you help youth succeed.
This is an ongoing opportunity. Volunteers must be able to commit to one full tutoring session per week for a minimum of three months.
Neighborhood House High Point Center
6400 Sylvan Way SW
Seattle, WA 98126
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.