Preschool Classroom Assistant
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE:
Neighborhood House helps diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, financial independence health and community building. In support of this mission, Neighborhood House is committed to providing quality early childhood education services to preschool children at several locations throughout King County.
- Assist in creating a safe learning environment reflecting the diverse backgrounds of the participating families
- Provide general assistance to Lead Teacher by working with small groups or individual children needing extra help
- Assist the teaching aide in ensuring classroom preparation and cleanliness
- Participate in leading activities and supervising the class
- Other duties as assigned
LOCATIONS & TIMES:
- Rainier Vista (south Seattle): 4410 29th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108
- Wednesdays: 8:00am-12:00pm or 12:30-4:00pm
- Thursdays: 8:00am-12:00pm or 12:30-4:00pm
- Yesler Terrace (First Hill): 120 Eighth Ave, Seattle, WA 98104
- Wednesdays: 8:30am-12:00pm or 1:30-3:30pm
- Thursdays: 8:30am-12:00pm or 1:30-3:30pm
- High Point (West Seattle): 6400 Sylvan Way SW, Seattle, WA 98126
- Monday through Thursday: 8:00am- 3:00pm
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.