Citizenship White Center
Citizenship Tutor (White Center)
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency.
The Citizenship Program offers assistance with the process of naturalization. Services include group citizenship and ESL instruction, as well as individual tutoring in preparation for the citizenship test.
Volunteers with this program work directly with clients, tutoring them in all subjects presented on the citizenship exam. This is a popular opportunity among volunteers because it provides a setting where you can work closely with individuals and see your impact first hand.
- Commitment to helping immigrant and refugee people succeed
- Ability to tutor in basic English language and conversation
- Interest in other cultures
- Patience and positive attitude
- Experience in a classroom and with basic teaching skills
- Positive group dynamic and tangible successes
A commitment of 3-6 months and 2 hours per week is preferred for this position. Currently, we are seeking coverage for:
- Tuesday: 2:00-4:00pm
- Thursday: 12noon- 2:00pm and/or 2:00-4:00pm
Wiley Center at Greenbridge
9800 8th Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98106
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.