Caravale Event Committee
POSITION TITLE: Caravale Event Committee
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
We are recruiting committee members to assist in planning Caravale, our annual fall fundraiser. This year the event will take place on Friday, October 19, 2018 at the Palace Ballroom in Seattle.
Caravale gathers together 150 supporters for an evening of cocktails, a multi-course dinner and dancing! The funds raised at this event support Neighborhood House's work with immigrants and refugees throughout King County.
With the support and assistance of Neighborhood House's Development Team, committee members will take a leadership role, helping to design and guide the event. Each committee member will be asked to support the success of the event by choosing a team that aligns with your interest and availability:
- Sponsorship Team: Help recruit, engage and recognize event sponsors to reach our sponsorship goal of $7,000 and build corporate interest in the event.
- Decor Team: Secure in-kind donations and get creative to transform our venue so that it looks and feels like our chosen destination.
- Entertainment Team: Create the party by finding the musicians, performers and other entertainment that aligns with our theme and gets people excited!
- Content Strategy Team: Guide the event flow and help us refine the strategy for our fundraising program.
- Promotion & Outreach Team: Utilize social media and other outlets to promote the event and reach new donors and help us refine messaging to guests to get them excited about the event and the work of Neighborhood House.
Volunteers with this program work directly with clients, tutoring them in all subjects presented on the citizenship exam. This is a popular opportunity among volunteers because it provides a setting where you can work closely with individuals and see your impact first hand.
Each month, the full event committee will meet in-person for one hour. There will also be monthly 30-minute phone check-ins with each individual team.
Volunteer activities will mostly be done remotely. For the in-person meetings, you will likely come to our offices at 1225 S Weller St, Seattle, WA 98144.
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or email@example.com.