Volunteer Graphic Designer
POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Graphic Designer
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE:
Neighborhood House (NH) partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency. NH accomplishes this through a variety of programs in youth and family services; employment and adult education; early learning; housing stability; community health; and aging and disability services. There are therefore a variety of communications and collateral needs, requiring a variety of graphic design.
- Conceptualize and create visually appealing, donor and client-friendly conceptual designs for a variety of communications collateral, including annual reports, brochures, flyers, direct mail solicitations, social media ads and more.
- Work with development and/or program staff to help develop content and messaging.
- Proficiency in the Adobe suite.
- Proficiency in PC operating systems and applications.
- Experience designing promotional print materials, ad campaigns, and social media campaigns/ads a plus.
- Willingness to work with people of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience working for, or designing for nonprofits strongly desired.
- Work experience in a professional, rewarding environment.
- Professional references from NH Staff.
- Materials to build your portfolio.
Hours are flexible but the volunteer must be able to have occasional in-person meetings during regular office hours and be able to meet hard deadlines for some projects.
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or email@example.com.