Youth Tutoring Program (White Center)
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE:
Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency. The After-School Tutoring Program is designed to contribute to students’ overall academic achievement by providing students with personalized homework assistance and engaging them in activities to further develop their academic and social skills.
The program serves students aged K-12th grade.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the Neighborhood House mission through providing assistance, mentorship and encouragement to students.
- Commit to 2 to 4 hours of service per week
- Help individual students or small groups of students with academic enrichment activities, recreational activities and when applicable, provide supervision on field trips.
- Ability to work with elementary (Kindergarten to 5th grade) and/or middle and high school aged youth in a respectful and caring manner
- Dependability and patience
- Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to set and maintain clear boundaries
Positively impact the life of a youth both academically and personally with the support of Neighborhood House staff and other motivated volunteers in a group setting as you help youth succeed.
This program is scheduled for Mondays-Thursdays, 3:30-7:30pm. Volunteers can choose shifts within this range based on their own availability.
Seola Gardens: 11215 5th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98146
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.