Preschool Classroom Assistant (NewHolly)
POSITION TITLE: Preschool Classroom Assistant (NewHolly)
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House helps diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, financial independence health and community building. In support of this mission, Neighborhood House is committed to providing quality early childhood education services to preschool children at several locations throughout King County.
- Assist in creating a safe learning environment reflecting the diverse backgrounds of the participating families
- Provide general assistance to Lead Teacher by working with small groups or individual children needing extra help
- Assist the teaching aide in ensuring classroom preparation and cleanliness
- Participate in leading activities and supervising the class
- Other duties as assigned
LOCATION & TIMES
- Desire and ability to work with children ages 3 – 5.
- Willingness to commit to students and Lead Teacher. This involves consistency in showing up for scheduled classroom sessions.
- Team player who is resourceful, proactive, and comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Good listening and oral/written communication skills and a non-judgmental, positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Must provide proof of a negative TB screening dated within the past calendar year.
NewHolly Early Childhood Center (south Seattle): 7054 32nd Ave S, Suite 107, Seattle, 98118
Monday through Friday: 9:00am- 3:00pm. Volunteers can select volunteer shifts within these times.
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form
so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org