Front Desk Reception (South Seattle)
POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Reception (South Seattle)
BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency.
Volunteers in this role play an important part in supporting staff and community members by providing friendly customer service at our direct service locations.
- Welcome and direct clients to the appropriate staff person or other agency
- Answer the phone and direct calls
- Explain programs and services to interested individuals
- Assist with administrative and organizational tasks
- Commitment to helping people in need, especially low-income and immigrant people
- Patience and positive attitude
- Good communications skills, including fluent English (bilingual skills encouraged)
- Ability to work independently
- Friendly personality and someone who enjoys providing good customer service
- Must be consistent and reliable
- Meet and greet a variety of people, helping provide for their well-being and success
- Good administrative experience and introduction to social services
A minimum commitment of 3 months and 2 hours per week is preferred for this position. The volunteer makes his/her own schedule.
Rainier Vista Center
4410 29th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98108
Available Shifts: volunteers can choose hours within these available times
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Tuesday: 1:00-5:00pm
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form
so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or email@example.com